I’m nearing completion of my wedding dress refurbish. I’m sewing the shrug now. Well, not right now. Right now I’m typing this post. I’ll finish it tomorrow and post pictures either tomorrow or Saturday. That is, if I don’t forget.
My dad and stepmom came and went. We had a great visit, and Grandma S got to take BratzBasher shopping for makeup. Yep. Makeup. She’s starting to tentatively embrace her girly side. She’s a bit worried about what Merkin thinks, but he’s assured her that he’s fine with it.
Anyway…that’s what we did the day before BB’s birthday. I can’t believe she’s already 15. Where does the time go?
We spent BB’s actual birthday at the City Museum. She got to hand out cupcakes to all the staff. It’s a tradition for our family. A good time was had by all. Dad enjoyed himself immensely. (It was his first time.)
So who’s ready for some random facts about BratzBasher?
- She likes to eat her fortune cookies stuffed with rice. She says she enjoys the texture.
- She sleeps with all sorts of hard objects in her bed that she can’t be bothered to move: books, water bottles, whatever.
- When she was a baby, she had two dimples, but a third one would show when she smiled really big. Now there’s just the two.
- She reads. A lot. Fanfiction, popular teen fiction (if it’s not too girly or vampire-y), Homer, Stephen Hawking…she’s well-rounded.
- She sneezes really loud (and high-pitched). Eardrum piercingly loud sometimes. We’re working on that. Especially in the car. *wince*
- She prefers to sew by hand because my sewing machine scares her. In her defense, it does make loud noises. Hey, it’s old — the same age as me, but that’s old for a sewing machine.
- She’s very creative. She writes, draws (mostly manga style), sews, dances (to the beat of her own drum)…the list goes on.
- She still likes to be tucked in and kissed goodnight (on both cheeks so she won’t be lopsided). In the winter, she prefers the cocoon style of tuck-tucks with the blankets all tucked under her sides and feet and up to her chin.
- She hates Twilight and other books that make vampires out to be cool. She prefers the original Dracula that was all evil and stuff.
- She’ll watch Bleach all day and night if we let her, and she rereads the manga version over and over again.
- Merkin gave her roses for her birthday, and she almost cried. It was sweet.
- Shenandoah makes her cry, too.
- She prefers to play the tuba rather than sing and was very put out that they wouldn’t let her do that at the most recent Young Women in Excellence night.
- She makes weird faces when I tell her she’s cute.
- She’s 15 and five days today!