I was uncharacteristically productive yesterday. The house, however, showed no signs of said productivity, which is very much in character for me. I’m referring to cleanliness being a sign of productivity. The cookies on the dining room table don’t count. Here’s what I did:
- I made breakfast for BratzBasher and myself.
- I cleaned out the fabric-filled tub I found in the craft closet and filled it with other stuff that could conceivably belong there. (The fabric belongs in the sewing bin.)
- I emptied one of the several tubs o’ stuff in front of the craft closet and put the items in the closet in an orderly fashion.
- I made lunch for BratzBasher and myself, including the mashed potatoes I was craving. It was my first time making mashed potatoes. They turned out all right.
- I made two batches of cookies: ginger snaps (which aren’t very snappy — I think I made them too big.) and BratzBasher’s prize chocolate chip cookies. BB helped with the latter. As is usual when assisting/being assisted by BB, I got an ingredient amount wrong and caused her to put in an extra egg. They turned out all right. Chocolate chip cookies can be very forgiving.
- I Cleaned up my mess. Well, from the cookies.
- I put together my brother’s birthday present and have it all sealed and ready to take the the post office. It needs postage.
- I wrote out two notes for visiting teaching sisters who are “mail contact only”, using the awesome cards I designed at the R&S work day that I have since completed.
BratzBasher is preparing items for a time capsule activity at Young Women’s tomorrow, including her Spock keychain, a Pink Floyd: The Wall pin, a teeny tiny devil ducky, and a golden spike pin that is supposed to be a souvenir from the site where they finished the transcontinental railroad (a present from one of the grandmas) but instead represents a stake with which to kill vampires. I told her she should write out a note to remind her future self what everything means.
Well, I’ve got more stuff to do today, and a lunch date with a friend. I’d better shower and dress, don’t you think?
But first, let’s have another Question of the Day/Week/Whatever.
What would you put in a time capsule for your future self/descendants?
Please list at least three items. It isn’t necessary to explain their significance. I think it’s more fun to leave people wondering, “What the heck is that supposed to represent?” I’ll need to ponder some more before I list my three.