This isn’t a belated Thanksgiving post. I’m just counting some blessings.
- BratzBasher says “I love you” multiple times a day, and she’s not doing it for the purposes of manipulation. No “I love you, Mommy. Can I have…?” or anything like that.
- I have never heard Justin Bieber sing. (Although I have heard Princess Zurg’s Bieber impersonation, and BB says it’s pretty accurate.)
- As someone who will never own a cat, I never have to clean up any hairballs. (I saw my first hairball while in CA visiting my dad, and it was not pretty.)
- I’m an adult, and I can color in my Sesame Street coloring book if I want to.
- I may not be a preschooler, but I can still use jumbo Winnie the Pooh crayons. (I usually don’t, though, because jumbo crayons don’t offer a whole lot of color options.)
- Madhousewife reminded me that cra**y Christmas music on the radio and in the stores should not deter me from enjoying the good stuff at home.
- Trader Joe’s has roasted, UNsalted sunflower seeds for cheaper than the salted kind at other stores. (I love me some low/unsalted snacks.)
- Since I joined one of her online book clubs, Suzanne Beecher sends me an email five days a week that includes a short excerpt from the featured book and her latest Dear Reader blog post. Even when I’m not interested in the book, I always read the blog post. When I saw yesterday’s, I smiled and thought That Suzanne is a hoot.
- No matter how lame most comics are, Ballard Street will always make me smile — if not giggle outright. I just love the ones with dogs in them. Here’s one of my favorites:
What’s on your latest blessings tally?